Friday, May 23, 2014

Maintenance Weekend Success!

Another great Maintenance weekend, with a lot of work getting done on Felicity. Towney is in the lazarette in the picture below, with Steve supervising.

John Maliszewski got hoisted up to work on Sikora's windex aand tacking arms, and Brian Walter went to Luna Blu's  masthead to change a light bulb.  Tern II go a new head in a very quick change-out by Mike Lehman and

 I got the tops of Rinn Duin's spreaders painted and new spreader boots put on.  In the process my main halyard jumped the sheave and got jammed, so the last work of the day was hoisting me all the way up. It was well in there, and I cursed a blue streak audible all up an down Mill Creek. I just about gave up before unjamming it.  I am definitely going to convert it to all-rope now!

This is always one of my favorite events of the year, on par with the Fall Cruise and Rankin Weekend. Thanks so much to Mike and Trish for all their work to host it.

No comments:

Post a Comment